Skip to main content

Happy Halloween!

This week has been a rainy one! I've spent a lot of time in the house which has been both good and bad.

The best part about being home is that I finally feel like we're ready for this second little munchkin to show up! I got around to digging out Abby's old stuff and getting it clean and ready for baby girl #2. Our car seat is ready to be put into the Santa Fe, I have all the receiving blankets out, I have a few clothes ready to go (though this is where we lack to most at the moment due to not keeping the 0-3 month clothes we had for Abby), and we finally have a place for her to sleep.


I was able to find this cute, gently used, bassinet/moses basket from another mom in the area. We didn't want to spend a ton of money on something but needed somewhere to put baby for the first little while. We still have Abby in the crib and would love to keep her there as long as possible. After tumbling head first out of the crib a month (or so) ago she hasn't tried to escape since....and having her contained in the crib has just been so much easier! She'll wake up in the morning and happily play with her mountain of stuffed animals which has allowed me to drink my coffee in peace. I'm enjoying these moments right now while I have them, that's for sure!

We also only have three bedrooms in this house which means that if company comes we need to be able to have baby in our room. We plan to keep her in the spare bedroom when we can, but with visitors coming to meet baby we wanted to have her sleeping arrangements somewhat flexible.

We're hoping to move out of this place when our lease is up at the end of February. Sharing a house with another family is really just not for us - especially when we have dogs and kids running around all day and the family downstairs is home during the day as well. They have really odd hours and have a very different family dynamic compared to us and it's just hard. All that to say, we are hoping to be out of here in a few months and at that point we can decide on different sleeping arrangements for the kids.


 
Oh, and here's Abby's Halloween costume for tonight! We're heading down to Crescent Beach to go trick-or-treating. It's her first Halloween (last year I felt she was too young - everyone would know we were just dressing her up to eat all her candy!) so it will be fun. We tried on her costume last week and she was pretty excited. Pictures to come later.

Happy Halloween! Have fun and be safe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the world little Julia! The beginning of our new journey....

Hey everyone. Sorry it's been so long since my last post...life around here has been extra busy! On December 13th, 2014 we welcomed our second daughter, Julia Anne Wookey, to the family. She was born weighing 9lbs 1oz and measuring 23 inches long. I knew she would be a big girl - we don't make small babies. Labor and delivery went well. I started having contractions around 9am on the 12th and they steadily got stronger. Chad and I headed to the hospital around dinner time. The nurses monitored me and baby's heart rate for quite some time; Julia's pattern for her heart rate was a bit abnormal during my contractions so they wanted to keep an eye on it. We had the exact same scenario happen during my labor with Abby and in the end they decided to admit me and then the fun began. I labored all through the evening and eventually succumbed to the pain. I asked for an epidural and they also gave me some laughing gas while the anesthesiologist made his way to my room.

Always Struggling to Make Ends Meet

I don't know about you, but as a one income family we have a really tight, no-room-for-error budget. It seems like money is always on my mind and it's always regarding the fact that we never have quite enough. There are days where I feel like we're treading water pretty well, but the majority of the time it feels like we have this rock of debt attached to us and it's dragging us under. There always seems to be more month than money and I have yet to succeed in finding the key to getting out of this hole. It all goes back to the days before my hubby and I got married. He LOVES cars and his hobby was always buying, modifying, and selling them so he could buy something new. I love that he has a passion for cars but they aren't exactly money makers.....so when we said our vows "for richer or poorer" we most definitely had to mean it. This is not to say that I didn't bring any outstanding debt to our marriage. I was fresh out of university and had just bo

How to Meal Plan

Happy October! So. I took on the task of meal planning again yesterday and decided to try doing it for the entire month of October; just like I did all of September last time. I am accustomed to doing two week planning but decided to buckle down and do the entire month again. It was a lot harder this time around! I think it was due to the fact that I just don't have the same volume of stuff in the freezer to use so I had to come up with meals that both used up things in the house AND required new items to be bought. Last month was strictly using up what I had in the house already (except dairy and veggies) so I knew exactly what I had to work with. This time was much more open-ended; I'm coming to learn that I do better when I have less options to choose from. I actually find it quite daunting to have limitless possibilities. I figured I would walk you guys through my meal planning process. I had a friend of mine do the same a while ago (check her out  here ) and i